I've got a 2' x 4' sheet of that stuff in the garage, brought it home
from the dump a few years ago, can't bring myself to cut into it.  But
good for cases and heat sinks.

I guess the one feature request I'd have for Piclone is that it ignore
swap partitions, or have an option for more manual control.  Putting
swap in the middle like you did makes more sense.

On 7/13/17, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 13 July 2017 16:59:45 Alan Corey wrote:
>
>> Well, no, until you boot from the hard drive you're just using the SD
>> card to work on the hard drive.  I'm not sure what automounting is
>> happening on your machine, I usually turn it off.  Booted from the SD,
>> do cd /mnt.  If that's an error you probably don't have one, so do cd
>> / then mkdir /mnt.
>>
>> Next you need to mount each of the 2 partitions on the hard drive to
>> work on.  First the DOS /boot partition
>> mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
>> then edit /mnt/boot/cmdline.txt which will become /boot/cmdline.txt
>> then umount /mnt (cd out of it first if you're in it)
>> and mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
>> and edit /mnt/etc/fstab which will become your real fstab
>> umount /mnt
>>
>> After that if you shut down and pull the SD it should boot from the
>> hard drive.  I've used my partition numbers because I don't know what
>> yours are.  Here sda1 is the DOS partition, sda2 is ext4, sda3 is
>> swap.
>>
> Whereas this drive is partitioned for /boot=sda1, swap=sda2, and /=sda3
>
> but that shouldn't make a huge diff.
>
> I should rsync those two partitions before I try this.  Since I won't
> have the material to mount a scale on the tailstock till next week late,
> I need some 1/4" alu sheet for that, this might "keep me out of the
> bars" :)  Thanks Alan.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach