Tell us more technical details.  That's like saying there was a problem but
not saying what it was. Seems odd you'd be trying a CD Iso file and not
some IMG file but it might work.  Write it to an SD card in block mode.
Yes, I had mine running Debian a couple years ago.  Raspbian from
raspberrypi.org is probably easier since it's made for that.