On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, at 3:02 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Is it possible to install Debian Bullseye on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB)
> from a CD/DVD or USB Flash stick or uSDcard?
>
> If so, where would I look for instructions for doing so?

A couple of folks have asked for clarification from the OP.  Well, as the OP
here, I offer the following clarification of my goals for this project.

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi4 (4GB) to experiment with.  It's currently
running Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, because at the time I was installing it, that was
the closest distro I could find to a vanilla Debian.  It works pretty well and
I'd be willing to stay with it for the long term if nothing better shows up.
But, since I bought it to experiment with, I wondered if there was an
experimental pure Debian installer I could test and report on my experiences.
Sort of as a way of contributing back to the community that has been so helpful
to me.

Meanwhile, in another part of the woods, I've been using a sheevaplug for 12
years or so to serve DNS, DHCP, NTP and other  network services to my home
network.  It's running Debian Buster at the moment.  I'm looking forward to
upgrading it to Bullseye in the near future.  Which is fine, but I've heard
tell that sheevaplug support is planned to be dropped in the release after
Bullseye.

Which got me to thinking, maybe I could use the Raspberry Pi to replace the
Sheevaplug when support is finally dropped.

So the goal in my OP is to find a bare-bones Debian-like (real Debian,  if
possible) distro that I could install and administer to provide network
services the way I'd been doing with the Sheevaplug.

The upshot is that my first attempt will be with one of the "ready-made"
installation images, and see how much post-installation customization it
allows.  Then I'll try the more conventional Debian Installer and see how that
works.

I will, of course, share my experiences with the list.

Thanks for listening...
Rick