Hi Kunal,

On 30.09.24 17:32, Kunal Mehta wrote:
On 9/29/24 05:00, Micha Lenk wrote:
To me it is unclear why this needs to be included as backport.

Please make your case in advance on the debian-backports mailing list in case
you believe the package is eligible for backports.

kiwix-zim-updater is a new package that isn't in bookworm, so I'd like to make it available for stable users to install. It allows users to automatically download updated ZIM files (offline content bundles, e.g. Wikipedia, Project Gutenberg) when they're released.

I reviewed the criteria on <https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/> and don't see anything that would make it ineligible - could you clarify what about the package is unclear?

When checking the package I noticed:

* the arch-all package contains only a single shell script, nothing else. So it could be easily installed from trixie directly (no recompilation necessary).
* according to popcon it has only a single-digit number of installations.

So, the criteria I didn't see fit is: