On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 06:41:39PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > Christian T. Steigies:
> >
> >> Maybe you can try the "experimental" boot-floppies (I thought I had uploaded
> >> them long ago?). Link is on my potato page, but this should work:
> >> auric.debian.org/~cts/bf
> >
> > The installer says the same things "There are no Linux swap partitions"
> > and "There are no Linux native partitions", even though
> > fdisk and /proc/partitions list all partitions properly.
>
> By any chance, could this be the problem where the swap partition must be
> *named* swap? That's true for PowerPC partitions.
>
> Also, pdisk (which underlies mac-fdisk) has been updated a great deal since
> the version which is in the debian distribution. You could try the newer
> version, from
>
> <ftp://cfcl.com/pub/ev/>
>
> We might want to consider updating if it works better.

The partition detection code is in libfdisk, which is included in
the boot-floppies package.  The file in question is probably
partbl_amiga.c.  It is taken from the kernel source (or else it is
remarkably similar).  Perhaps something was lost in the
translation, though since Amiga installs have presumably worked in
the past this is doubtful.

Matt