Hello,

        Thanks to your great work, speakup is available in the GTK D-I from a
CD. It works nicely...

        However, I have not had success in my attempts to get speakup talking
during an installation booted from a usb-flashdrive. The system boots and the
installer is there on screen (my sighted son verified this), but there is no
speech. In fact, the initial menu which one sees from a CD D-I boot does not
appear. Rather, the system boots from the usb-drive and immediately displays
the installer menu: choose language, country, keyboard, etc. There is no delay
where one might enter a <tab> and the speakup.synth= parameter.

        I have tried mini.iso and debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso from the GTK
directory (Oct10 daily build) on a usb-drive with two partitions, the first
with syslinux, syslinux.cfg, initrd.gz and vmliuz, both from the GTK daily
build.

        Any pointers will be much appreciated,

        --terry

--
Name:   Terry D. Cudney
Phone:  705-812-4949

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like...
having a peeing sectionin a swimming pool.