On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:32:35PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:22:31AM -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:43:09PM -0400, Debian Installer wrote:
> > >   * Ethan Benson
> > >     - PowerMac uses linux (read i386) keycodes now, use i386 keymaps.
> > >       This still needs a fixed -pmac kernel, but console-data in woody
> > >       requires that anyway.
> >
> > Woah.  OK, I've been letting this slide a little bit, but are you
> > telling me that we need a new 2.2.19 kernel for the version of
> > boot-floppies now in the archive?  What must I do to get you to tell me
> > these things BEFORE committing them, so that we could actually have
> > working kernels?
> >
> > Or is that changelog entry not clear?
>
> we either need a kernel with CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=n or the user has
> to pass the following kernel argument:
>
> keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1
>
> the 2.2.19 in woody is already broken because console-data has made
> this trasistion and is switching users keymaps and setting the sysctl
> (which won't last a reboot), it then tells them to use the above
> append= line or recompile thier kernel.  this work has been going on
> for weeks now has been discussed on the list several times now.
>
> it needs to happen one way or the other, b-f is not the first thing to
> require it.

As I said, please do bring this sort of thing to the attention of
someone who can do something about it.  I'm sorry for not following
-boot religiously while work has been sucking my life and I've been
busy reconstructing the entire rest of the powerpc port.  Should I take
this to mean I need to build new kernel packages, then?