m...@linux.it (Marco d'Itri) writes:

> On Mar 22, Ferenc Wagner <wf...@niif.hu> wrote:
>
>> necessary devices to appear.  Of course not all systems have a SCSI
>> bus, so some extra cleverness would also be required.  But this is a
>
> So submit a proper, tested and complete patch...

Ah.  Is that all? :)  Complete is out of question, I'm afraid...

I really hoped you'd provide some pointers how to attack this best, or
what not to even try.  I haven't got much experience besides SCSI and
IDE x86 systems, so I didn't expect you possibly accept something
naive I could come up with.  But be it, I'll test adding

if [ -d /sys/bus/scsi ]; then
    modprobe scsi_wait_scan
    modprobe -r scsi_wait_scan
fi

and submit a proper patch if something similar works out.
--
Regards,
Feri.