Sir,

*Sub : Installing Debian 5 Lenny 64bit from DVD - Problem*

      I downloaded *DVD version of Debian 5 Linux 64bit (IA) from your site
( 2 ISO images)*, I tried to install it on my* Intel Core2 Duo* machine.
while trying to boot form the DVD ROM, No boot screen for Debian, a cursor
is blinking and system hangup only. I also tried to install it on VMware
Workstation 6.5 for Windows, same problem.

What is the reason?

*Intel Dual Core possessor suppet ET64, is this version is not suited for my
computer.*

I used it for testing, after successful installation and configuration, we
planned to implement our DSpace digital library on Debian 5. (Server : IBM
x3400 - Dual Quad Core Xeon Processor with 2 GB RAM and RAID 5)

Need help

Aneesh Sankar
System Admin
SJCET, Palai
  • Installing Debian 5 Len... St. Joseph's College of Engineering and Technology