I tried to collect information on the Web about the legacy-free systems
really sold on the market.  Fujitsu and Hitach appeared to sell a few
legacy-free models, but most vendors seemed still conservative to such
configurations.  So for a short-term solution, it might be OK to just
note on a install document that some new legacy-free systems won't boot
well with any official Debian boot floppies while the situmation may
change in one or two years.  We should be able to do better with
legacy-free systems when they could be more popular, shouldn't we?

--
"Free software is not for free."
Kaz Sasayama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Screen Name: kazssym