Hi Petter,

I have actually used the multi partman recipe.  My hard drive is 160G in
size.  The space allocated to /usr was more than enough under Lenny.  I used
to install both Gnome and KDE and lot more additional packages.  But now I
have only Gnome with a very small number of additional packages and the
partition is running low on disk space.  I think at least 6G should have
been allocated to /usr.

Installing Lenny with the laptop task selected consisted only of 815 or so
packages whereas now more 1100 packages were installed for a Squeeze laptop
install with more new packages installed on system upgrades.

By the way, this was fortunately my first time to use LVM when partitioning.
;)

Nima