Hi!

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubu...@debian.org> wrote:
> Indeed, 3 times the memory size seems too big, particularly with large
> amounts of RAM ("large" varies over time!).

I was reading the recipes in partman-auto and while it seems that it's
not possible with the infrastructure that we have now, something like
an inverse exponential function would fit, I think.
For example, with a small amount of RAM a swap space of 300% the RAM
size would be created.
Then the higher the RAM size available, the smaller the swap space created.
On a system with 8GB, instead creating a swap space of 24GB (300%), we
could have 4GB only (50%, or even less).

Just a suggestion (that needs to be thought better).

Best regards,
Nelson