On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:28:28PM +0100, Sebastian Reichel wrote:

> I get the following warning during boot:
>
> WARNING: Can not find "de_" in "nokia_vndr/rx-51"
>
> I fixed it by adding the following line in
> /usr/bin/ckbcomp, after line 2540:
>
> $consequent_values[$i] =~ s/_\)/\)/g;

Thanks for discovering this.  I commited a somewhat more complex
solution which removes the underscore sign only if it was a part of a
%_... combination.

> Apart from this I get lots of messages about
> unsupported keycodes (> 600 lines printed to the tty),
> all starting with XF86.

The fix for these is to simply define them as VoidSymbol in %xkb_table.
I commited the required changes as well.

By the way, what was the purpose of using ckbcomp on this Nokia device?
Does this device have a text-mode console and is the keyboard supported
by the kernel or only by X?

Anton Zinoviev