Hi,

Turns out my problem wasn't exactly network card specific, but somehow
more deeply related to the surrounding network switch configurations.
Anyhow, the concrete problem was that udhcpc sent out 3 DHCPDISCOVER
packets only in the first couple of seconds, then spent its remaining
time before netcfg/dhcp_timeout sleeping (doing nothing), as prescribed
by its default timing parameters (-t 3 -T 3 -A 20).  I modified it to
keep sending DHCPDISCOVER packages in every second allowed by the
timeout (or until it acquires a lease) by supplying -T 1 and a dynamic
retry number (-t).

The first patch fixes a typo only and has no effect whatsoever.
The second patch is the main stuff.
The third patch gets rid of a compiler warning (which should be safe
  as I understand it).

I think this fix (besides curing automatic network configuration in
slow-starting networks) helps sidestepping some of the slow link-up
problems which recently emerged (at least when DHCP is used).

Thanks,
Feri.

Ferenc Wagner (3):
  Fix the type of the option array element.
  Make udhcpc continuously retry getting a lease until dhcp_timeout.
  Silence a compiler warning.

 packages/netcfg/dhcp.c |   17 ++++++++++++-----

1.7.2.3