hi

I would like to make a CD of testing that boots,
 and to use it to install a PC;
and I would like to use (and test) the latest boot method

I have already installed debian-cd and used it many times in the past
(I once made some bootable CD of potato)

I have downloaded
http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.17-2001-11-13/

but I dont see , nor the base disks, neither the base.tgz

do I need them ? if yes, where do I find them?

also: do I need to put in the CD all the above URL?
or, can I skip some subdirectories?

btw: I think that we should put the answer to above question in
some documentation file...

a.

--
A Mennucc
 "È un mondo difficile. Che vita intensa!" (Renato Carotone)