>> What I want to do now is to go and put all the installer-* directories
>> into /d-i/ on our mirrors. The directories in dists/$SUITE would only
>> contain symlinks for their version over to the ones in /d-i/.
> Do all the official Debian mirrors support symlinks?

Otherwise they would be lost with the current symlink already. All
the mirrors using ftpsync wont care about this change.

> Reprepro only mirrors packages, so only looks at dists/N/C/debian-installer/
> stuff and gets the udebs. This it should not be affected by your proposal,
> if I understand it correctly.

Right.

> With my reprepro author hat on, the installer-* stuff is only a nuisance
> making it more hard to have a tidy dists/ dir. (Which is one of the rough
> edges in reprepro, it only ever adds stuff to dists/ and never deletes it
> but leaves that to the user).

Well. This change is step1 in getting it out of there. Maybe at some
point we wont even have the symlinks anymore. (But I don't care too much
about that, actually)

--
bye, Joerg
<HE> liw: Ah, but now I'm old enough, so can I adopt your sex?