Quoting Steve Langasek (steve.langa...@ubuntu.com):

> > We should have discussed the change and Ubuntu should have doone it too..:-)
>
> Yep, evidently - sorry, it seemed like an uncontroversial change to me.

No problem.

For reference, I started a mini discussion with people I have
confidence into, in the free software localization community both from
Bangladesh and India. I did that in private as a start, because such
things can very easily become very heated and getting opinions first
without exposing people's opinions in public is, imho, the best start.

I'll let the d-i team know about the outcome ASAP. Until then, I
suggest we do not upload localechooser.