>> I think the consensus was that modconf isn't going to be i18n'd for
>> woody install -- is that correct?
>
>Oh, wasn't? Should I forget about finishing my translation then?

I think the single-locale localized boot-floppies will still get the
translated modconf messages.  It's just the LANG_CHOOSER build that has trouble,
due to the UTF-8 stuff.  Actually, I have a version of whiptail now that sort-of
works with i18n, but I haven't figured out yet how to get it built and packaged
properly.  I'm still hopeful that we can have proper modconf i18n, if not
in the first woody release then at least in a point release soon after.

So no, it's probably worth continuing with your translation.

p.