Package: debian-installer
Severity: wishlist
Tags: d-i

Dear Maintainer,

Would you please consider adding keyboard layout variant selection to the
installation procedure. Ubuntu has had it for years and it's extremely
useful for people who have accented characters in their names. I have
been using the US International variant forever now and it's annoying to
have to manually configure it every time I install a system.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 7.6
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: armel (armv5tel)

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-4-kirkwood
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Philippe Clérié

--
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>