On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 02:44 +0100, lee wrote:
[...]
> I strongly recommend to change the installer to *not* use the quiet
> option.  Especially with the installer, there is much point in being
> able to see all messages, and not everyone installs Debian on up-to-date
> and/or fully known hardware.

No, it is important to see the *error* messages.  The bug is that this
error message is suppressed when 'quiet' is used.

> Besides, the "quiet" option shouldn't be used by default after the
> installation has completed, either.
[...]

It is the correct default.  Those *expert* users who feel able to
interpret the extra information that may be logged to the console are
exactly the users that are most likely to know how to override this
default.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Theory and practice are closer in theory than in practice.