On Apr 20, 2015, at 7:01 AM, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> I really don't think this is a good idea and I'm this close to
> re-close the bug report.

Well, I asked a fair question I think. I knew the answer (but I could
be wrong - I haven't been paying attention to Debian GNU/Linux matters
in years): Is "anything but main" part of the official Debian GNU/Linux
distribution?

If not, it should not be enabled _by default_. Right?

So I still think it can, and should, be closed. If not for all the
other reasons, then that? There have, in any case, been numerous
cases against enabling it, but NONE for enabling it. And no,
"I want it" and "I use it" is NOT an opinion FOR it! :)

Besides, we had this exact argument for weeks (months) about contrib
and non-free 'in the day'. Eventually, _that_ (amongst others) "won"
the argument - it's not an official part of Debian GNU/Linux!
--
System administrators motto:
You're either invisible or in trouble.