I bought a newer 64-bit pc to replace this old 32-bit system and want to
install Debian on it. I knew that 6.0.10 didn't seem to have Netgear
wireless-through-USB support, so I tried 7.6.0 and 8.0 and found that they
didn't recognize the Netgear hardware either. The 8.0 installer's hardware
detection reported my wireless device as a mass storage device, as I
recall. Netgear USB wireless devices have been around for several years
and are commonly used. I bought mine at Walmart.

I found that Ubuntu works with my Netgear device, though I am having
problems finding a mirror that still has that "longterm support" version
available. And Mageia 4.1 works fine with Netgear, but there are some
things in their software selection I don't like. I would rather be using
just a simple upgrade of 6.0.10, which I find very satisfactory in most
respects, better than 7.x.

If you would add Netgear wireless support to 8.0, 7.x and 6.x, I'm sure
many users would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

John Tellefson
Salina, Kansas USA

--
http://www.mozilla.org  Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, Seamonkey
all-in-one, Sunbird calendar and more. Free secure open-source software for