On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 00:16:23 +0100
Steve McIntyre <st...@einval.com> wrote:
> Do we know what version of Virtualbox? That could be a major factor
> here. I've just a test installation using the UEFI support in the
> virtualbox package in Jessie (4.3.36), which is labelled as
> "experimental support".

 VirtualBox version is 5.0.18, from contrib sid.
 5.0.20 was released yesterday but it seems to not be changed for UEFI.
 https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog#v20

> It shows the same behaviour as described, but
> that's a limitation of the virtualbox UEFI support rather than a
> problem in Debian - the underlying virtualbox isn't saving EFI
> variables persistently.

 Probably it caused by limitation of virtualbox UEFI support but users
 want just work and other distros avoid its limitation, so we can improve
 it as expected :)

 And, it maybe not relate to this issue, I wonder why my debian box's
 disk says "Partition type: Linux filesystem" for /boot/efi

 │ Partition UUID: 752C9D2E-C84E-4395-A566-DE05E519212B
 │ Partition type: Linux filesystem (0FC63DAF-8483-4772-8E79-3D69D8477DE4)
 │     Filesystem: vfat
 │Filesystem UUID: 57BC-3C6C
 │     Mountpoint: /boot/efi (mounted)

 Fedora on VirtualBox says its Partition type is "Partition type: EFI System".

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane