On 07/24/2017 12:38 PM, Hideki Yamane wrote:
>  But it also makes administrator to remember it harder as its trade-off...
>  (and they maybe choose easy password as a result). It's a not good idea
>  to suggests to change root password periodically, IMO. It's not a best
>  practice.

I'd say it's one of two things: If it's easy, make sure to change it
periodically. If it's hard enough to withstand brute-force, you don't
need to.

As I said: I'm totally with you that in a standard setup it'd great for
that not to be necessary. Unfortunately the standard setup does not ship
with the mitigating controls.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern