Hello, Technically I don't own a macbook and probably wouldn't buy one
myself either. But I'm happy to help test!

* downloaded from https://caesar.ftp.acc.umu.se/
cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
* ran sha512sum that matched the provided 507da60c4b23141dcc9850bf14782c
16c4cf3d19e559c1d63d0de8798349eb020033421ee553853a3bd124fce0
58eb3189d5331a8880a2a7d4203d9393aa6130
* used dd to write the image: sudo dd bs=4M
if=~/Downloads/debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
of=/dev/sdb1 && sync
* hit Option on multiple boots to select the boot device. Unfortunately it
didn't show up, but I have seen images show up this way before.
* model and more information: 2016 mbp 15". MBP 13,3 . Boot Rom Version
"MBP133.0226.B08" .

The related sums can be found here: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdi
mage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/SHA512SUMS

I tried again this morning but it didn't work. However I downloaded the non
mac daily image and it displays the splash image and selection menu, but
not sure if it boots a kernel or anything else.

debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

Then I'm not sure what macs the mac iso is targeting. Couldn't find any
information regarding it so I asked.

Best,

Colin Williams