Theodore Ts'o <ty...@mit.edu> (2019-07-12):
> Sounds good to me.  I've managed to dh'ified e2fsprogs debian/rules
> file and am currently testing it in preparation for a new release.  If
> we need to add it back later, it should be easier now that
> debian/rules file has shrunk down from ~500 lines to ~200 lines.  :-)

Just had a look at your package (sitting in NEW so using a local build
in an unclean development chroot). Why use .shlibs.local overrides? At
least the udeb part seems counter-productive, as that's stripping away
the versions, which can be important at times.

Results before/after git rm debian/e2fsprogs-udeb.shlibs.local:

    Control files of package e2fsprogs-udeb: lines which differ (wdiff format)
    Depends: [-libblkid1-udeb,-] {+libblkid1-udeb (>= 2.31),+} libc6-udeb (>=
2.28), libuuid1-udeb {+(>= 2.31)+}

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>