On 2/26/21 7:23 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org> wrote (Sun, 27 Dec 2020 14:20:33 +0100):
>> I have attached a patch for hw-detect, the dialog would run within the
>> 'finish-install' step. I have tested it, it works fine.
>> (Maybe the wording of the template could be over-worked, and reviewed by
>> l10n-english as well.)
>>
>> Comments?
>
> There have been no complains, so I'm asking debian-l10n-english for a string
> review of the attached strings now (in CC), and will push the result then
> soon.

Well, if someone understands the concept of firmware packages and that they need
to be installed (and is using expert mode), they will also be able to install
those packages on a second console.

Also, the packages will only be available if you use the non-free installer
images
which are not the ones we are shipping by default. So if someone uses the
default
DFSG-compliant images, they won't be able to install firmware-amd-graphics and
so on.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz