On 9/4/2021 4:47 PM, Hideki Yamane wrote:
On Sat, 4 Sep 2021 14:00:06 -0700
"J. William Campbell" <jwilliamcampb...@comcast.net> wrote:
but if we are talking about a
/boot partition, there is no good reason to change it to ext4.
  Ext4 is reliable than ext2, I guess. And, /boot needs it.

Ext4 is more reliable than ext2 in that it journals it's metadata changes so that if a write doesn't complete for some reason the volume can be recovered the next time it is mounted. However, on a boot partition which receives essentially no writes after it is initially created, this is no advantage at all, as there are no writes being done. Since this change may cause some people trouble and doesn't help anything as far as I can see, why do it?

Best Regards,

Bill Campbell