Hi,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 03:42:25PM +0200, Sebastian Neuser wrote:

> On Wed, 2021-07-21 at 14:59 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > That's probably because of the "|| true" that Steve added to the mount
> > call which means that this line will always succeed even when the
> > mount attempt actually failed.
>
> I don't think so:
> mountvirtfs() mounts efivarfs with `mount ... || die ...` and die() ends
> with `exit 1`, so `|| true` after the call to mountvirtfs() is actually
> dead code.
>
> Unless I still don't get shell script logic, which is of course entirely
> possible. :-)

Just to confirm your understanding of the logic, indeed in case of mount
efivarfs errors the script should fail because of the die() calls, see
https://bugs.debian.org/1031183.

Why did the mount command seemingly succeed in this case and yet the FS did not
get mounted I guess is the open question.

Is this bug still reproducible with a recent installer image?