Control: retitle -1 cryptsetup might OOMK on low memory systems

Hi Guilhem,

Guilhem Moulin <guil...@debian.org> (2023-02-18):
> By default the PBKDF benchmark caps the memory cost at 1GiB or half of
> the physical memory, whichever is smaller.  So indeed with 1G RAM and
> ~50% free one might trigger the OOM killer.  A workaround is to pass
> `--pbkdf-memory` with a suitable value (256M should be more than enough
> in that case) on memory-constrained systems, but cryptsetup should
> arguably adjust the memory cost on its own.  Reported the issue upstream
> at https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/-/issues/802 .

Thanks!

> But that's only for the first point.  Do you have a reproducer for the
> second point?  Tried
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
> in a VM with 2G RAM [0] and chose the “encrypted LVM” scheme (both on
> the graphical and text install); the system refused to boot because the
> initramfs image contained an older e2fsck (“/dev/mapper/debian--vg-root
> has unsupported feature(s): FEATURE_C12”), however there was no problem
> after upgrading to sid at finish-install stage (and in both cases I
> could map the device, so neither bookworm's cryptsetup nor the kernel is
> at fault AFAICT).

I'm so sorry, I forgot I was hitting two separate issues at that time.
The one I can reproduce right now is the first one (OOMK), the second
one might have been some side effect of my mixing packages together…

I can definitely install with -m 1.1G (or higher), and also log into
the installed system.

Retitling to make all of this clearer.

Cheers,
--