Control: clone -1 -2
Control: reassign -2 partman-auto
Control: retitle -2 partman-auto: please increase default size of /boot

Diederik de Haas <didi.deb...@cknow.org> wrote (Sat, 20 Jul 2024 19:10:20
+0200):
> On Saturday, 20 July 2024 17:07:18 CEST Holger Wansing wrote:
> > This bug seems firstly a documentation issue, but one could also argue,
> > that there's another topic with the /boot partition being to small these
> > days in the light of bigger initrds due to firmware includes etc.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > So, before changing the doc, we should first evaluate, if the default size
> > should be increased.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> For my thoughts, I'll just quote what I said in the submission:
>
> On vrijdag 19 juli 2024 20:54:24 CEST Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > For ``/boot`` size it should minimally follow d-i's default, but I
> > actually think both should be updated to 1G in size, which should
> > (generally) not be a problem with current TBs NVMe drives.

Apparently we have a consensus for some change of the default size for /boot
(see https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-auto/-/merge_requests/13),
so I clone this bug and reassign to partman-auto.

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076