Hello,

I am running into a problem during installation - the initial part of
the installation - where the system simply boots.  I am trying to
install the Woody distro with a 2.4xx kernel.  (I can make the system
install quite nicely with the 2.2.xxx kernels).
The system:  Laptop with a Via Pro 1G processor, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB
Drive, DVD  . . . overall, pretty normal stuff.

During the boot, we get to this point:
Everything before this, seems ok:
I2O configuration manager v 0.04
  (c) Copyright 1999 Red Hat Software
loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
Compaq CISS Driver (v 2.4.5)

Thats it, at this point she locks up and needs to have power removed
to reboot.

Is there some parameter that I can pass to get bypass this CISS?  I
have tried the kernels on both the cd # 1 and CD # 5 ( the others all
seem to use the 2.2.xxx).

Thank you,
Denis Lahaie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]