[Eric Côté]
> that OldWorld PPC sub-arch will not be supported directly in the new
> installer.

OK.  I leave that decision to you.  Thanks for letting us know, so we
can avoid worrying about that architecture.  If you change your mind,
please send patches or get involved to fix the remaining problems
yourself.

I suspect this was not intentional, but your email gave me the
impression that you actually believe the debian-installer developers
are owning you a favour, and that it is our responsibility to add
support for this architecture into debian-installer.  Giving such
impression is not a good way to start communicating with and
motivating volunteers to help you in fixing your problems.  But based
on my first impression, I will just ignore your future ranting until
you find time to contribute significantly to the debian-installer
development yourself.  The only way to change this is to change your
behaviour so you make a good impression, and continue to do until I
believe it.  Happy hacking.