Joe Nahmias wrote:
> 1) Install boots into the main menu.  Interface looks alot snazzier than
> the old text interface, however the line-drawing characters are all
> messed up on my terminal (corners are displayed as '>', &c.)  Known bug?

We're missing bogl-bterm and a lot of other utf-8 and terminal stuff on
the netboot initrd. I will add it.

> 2) Picking "Choose language" doesn't get very far.  This is what I can
> piece together from syslog:
>
> DEBUG: Menu item 'languagechooser' selected
> DEBUG: configure languagechooser, status: 4
> WARNING **: Configuring 'languagechooser' failed with error code 1
> WARNING **: Menu item 'languagechooser' failed.
>
> Any ideas?  Known unfiled bug?  File a new bug against languagechooser?

You should probably make sure that your boot loader passes
DEBCONF_DEBUG=5 to the linux kernel at boot time. You may also want to
pass DEBCONF_PRIORITY=high to use the standard priority level. The
former would probably help track this down.

> 3) After doing 'Select a Keyboard Layout', I chose 'Detect network
> hardware'.  This generated the following two (fatal looking) errors:
>
>   a. An error occured while running 'modprobe -v floppy false`.
>   b. An error occured while running 'modprobe -v ide-cd false`.
>
> Since this is a netboot install, these errors should not be fatal.

The installer simply tries to detect all the hardware it can, if you
were running at the standard debconf priority you would not even see
these messages. It's not fatal at all.

I'd not mind knowing why modprobe of these modules is failing in the
first place. There should be no missing symbols.

> 4) When finally presented with a list of ethernet drivers to pick from,
> the requisite driver for this laptop -- b44 -- is missing.  I tried
> switching to vc2 and doing 'modprobe -v b44', but this fails since the
> module doesn't exist on the image.  How do we get it added?

I'm getting the impression the b44 is a common module, that's two
reports in as many days. I have added nic-extra-modules to the netboot
image in CVS, so it will support a lot more hardware in the next build,
including this one.

--
see shy jo