In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>I would be willing to help with the sparc port.  I have a sparc lx, sparc 5, and
>ultra 5 in my house that are doing nothing.  I would be more than happy to help
>out in testing the sparc ports of d-i.  If there are other people working on the
>sparc ports, please feel free to get in touch with me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I have subscribed to debian-boot, and will get started this weekend.

Several people, including me, have done some work on d-i for sparc.
As of a month ago, I was able to get the netinsall image to build, but
didn't try booting it.  There was also a need for a silo-installer
udeb.

The cd build seems to need a sun4u (sparc64) machine to build, so you
may want to make the ultra 5 your primary build machine.  (I wasn't
able to get it to build cleanly on my sparc-LX.)

Ben Collins said he was going to do some more work on d-i, I consider
him the expert we should be helping.

Why don't we do the coordination of work and sparc-specific issues on
the debian-sparc mailing list where it would be easier to find?
(Mail-followup-to set there.)
--
Blars Blarson                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                http://www.blars.org/blars.html