Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I was wondering why netcfg shows up on netinst cdroms although it is
> priority optional. I then discovered that netcfg-(dhcp|static),
> ethdetect, choose-mirror and pump-udeb are in udeb_include on these
> images.
> Is there a special reason for this? IMO these packages should only be in
> udeb_include on the businesscard images. The netinst image should be
> able to install a base system without forcing network configuration.

Problem is that can leave someone with no configured network at all,
since base-config does not currently configure networking ever.

I think we should leave choose-mirror off of netinst CDs, but leave
netcfg and the rest on at least until base-config gets modified to do
network configuration.

--
see shy jo