Jeff Bailey wrote:
> In linux-kernel-di/modules/common, everything is done with the
> assumption of a 2.4 kernel.
>
> I'd like to split this up into common-2.2, common-2.4, common-2.6 so
> that various module renames can be handled sanely.
>
> This does mean that new module lists will need to be added in 3 places.
>
> Thoughts?

I have been trying to think of a way that wouldn't be specific to
2.4/2.6, since module renames happen in the 2.4.xx series too. One idea
I had was to list the versions in the module list file:

foo.o [2.4.24]
foobar.o [2.4.25]

But this could get complicated if more than one kernel version included
a module.

--
see shy jo