(Copy to Baruch Evan, libfribidi0 package maintainer....maybe you could
help in getting BIDI support in D-I ? Copy to other BIDI languages
translators I'm aware of. Please keep CC list if possible)

While looking at all this BIDI stuff, I made a very simple test:

After "apt-get install libfribidi0" on my system, I did:

fribidi ~/src/debian/d-i/HEAD/debian-installer/tools/languagechooser/languagelist.l10n

This in a gnome-terminal with some hebrew/japanese/russian/arabic
fonts installed. This gave me an interesting result-->while all
left-to-right languages were still properly displayed, both RTL
languages (hebrew and arabic) lines were shown inverted (so I guess
this is the correct output) for the Arabic/Hebrew part only (the
English part was still LTR).

My conclusion is that we probably can have a very very very simple way
to properly display Arabic/Hebrew by just piping the strings we want
to display through fribidi....

No idea whether that's really possible but this should give some
hints.

We have to make it, guys. Arabic/Hebrew/Farsi support in Debian
Installer depend on this.