Holger Levsen wrote:

  <snip>
> I would like to start hacking a quik-installer (for oldworld powerpc) now, but
> I am a little unsure how to test it on my own: Since my only oldworld system
> to develop with is a pmac4400 at the moment I have to boot if from floppies.
> Then I'll usually insert the net-drivers floppy and install from a
> debian-mirror (which includes daily built d-i packages). Should/can I use the
> cd-drivers floppy and build my own cd-iso-image, which will then include my
> unsubmitted new code ??

Holger,

I would like to volunteer to help you with testing.  I have a beige G3
minitower (oldworld) and a PowerMac 6500 (oldworld) that I have
dedicated to Debian installer testing for the time being.  I can also
occasionally borrow a newworld machine for testing (as long as I don't
have to partition the disk).

I have facilities for downloading and burning ISO images of CDs and/or
floppy disks.

Will that help?

Rick