thanks for that careful analysis, Osamu.
I have very similar hardware and it appears the problem may also be
avoidable by configuring the kernel to not use DMA on cdroms.
See bugs #250323 (and referenced therein #222939.b)
Your solution is probably the least intrusive however.
If this patch is applied I would be happy to try it out as well.

There seems to be another bug that is triggered by this one relating
to the setting of the $SUITE variable (see 250323). Do you see any
way to improve the handling of that?
It seems to me it would be a good idea to add an error message to
/usr/lib/debootstrap/functions, to handle the case that $SUITE is
not set.

Kind regards
Vince