On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:49:35PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Can you boot the installer, mount the disk, chroot into the install
> and check what /etc/inittab looks like.  It seems it uses devfs names
> when it shouldn't.

/target/etc # cat inittab
# /etc/inittab: init(8) configuration.
#
# WARNING: This file is installed by the Debian installer.
# It is not meant to be used by default, but only to make
# sure that certain configurations are done after the initial
# boot into a new system. The real inittab is most likely
# named /etc/inittab.real.
#
# $Id: inittab.install 14565 2004-05-01 18:31:25Z joshk $

id:2:initdefault:
si::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin

l0:0:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 0
l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
l4:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4
l5:5:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 5
l6:6:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 6

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -r now
kb::kbrequest:/bin/echo "Keyboard Request--edit /etc/inittab to let this work."
pf::powerwait:/etc/init.d/powerfail start
pn::powerfailnow:/etc/init.d/powerfail now
po::powerokwait:/etc/init.d/powerfail stop

1:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/termwrap /usr/sbin/base-config new </dev/tts/0 >/dev/t1
2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3

I guess the base-config line should be using traditional names. :/

--
Kyle McMartin