I've tried to learn the system much enough to figure out this
stuff by myself, but it's unfortunately difficult to even understand
which the normal order of run of the packages/ is, I would appreciate
some introductary developer/bugfixer documentation.

When grub is to be installed, it livelocks, that is it gets stuck in
some loop. (this is /sbin/grub I'm talking about, not
/sbin/grub-installer). No help from the debugging output, all looks as
it should there.

I have neither been able to install gdb on it (the current gdb.udeb
seems to have some dependencies on ps_pdread, which i cannot build in
SID).

So, I would _gladly_ help doing development/bugfixing, but I need
answers on some questions.

Something explaining in which order the packages/ are run. Any tip on
how to get gdb on to the install cd so that I can (at least try to)
debug these kind of binary problems.

Thanks,
Alex