On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 01:48:58PM +0200, Fredrik Johnsson wrote:
> > > But now I'm part of a research project and I need to find out about among
> > > other thing dbootstrap, what enviroment variables it uses and required
> > > programs and libraries.
> > >
> > > Is there any documentation besides the installation docs on debian.org
> > > covering this?
> > >
> > > Is it possible to make a chroot enviroment similar to the enviroment on
> > > the boot-cd?
> > >

> > I have no idea what you have in mind.
> > My suggestion is that you type at a Debian system
> >
> >    apt-cache show pbuilder
> >
> > Or visit
> >
> >   http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/pbuilder
> >

> > > It's all regarding woody cd sets.
> >
> > Euh, you wanna base interaction design on woody?
> >

> > Anyway, let us known if this what you are looking for.
> > (That could mean you have to refrase your question)

> Hi!
>
> Seams I'll have to refrase it a bit.
Fine.
Keeping the logical discussion sequence is also good.
Please reply below the text.

> Currently I'm trying to find out what deps the program dbootstrap on
> woody cdinstallation has regarding libraries, enviroment variables and
> other commands,program (fdisk, mke2fs and such).
>
> I need to know every file and enviroment variable that is the bare
> necessities for it to run on the cd. And I would like to recreate this
> in a chroot enviroment for testing purposes.
>
> It might be that I could read out most of it from the source, but I
> don't know where to find the source for bootstrap

 apt-get source debootstrap

> Hope this excplains it abit more.

See below.

> Unfortunetly this has nothing to do with interactiondesign

Mmm, that was me pestering you, no offence intended.
Doing research ("design") on Woody (two years old)
is IMNSHO not wise.

About
> Hope this excplains it abit more.

I, yes it is my personal opinion, read

 "Help me reinventing the wheel!"

But it is you who really knows what it is all about.

I can imagine that you feel insulted, sorry[1] if you do.
Ignoring your posting would be more easy for me,
however it took me a long time before I found

> > Cheers
> > Geert Stappers
> --
> Regards
> Fredrik Johnsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Cheers
Geert Stappers

[1] _your_ problem

--
Constructing is more challanging than destroying