Hello,
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:28:46AM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:
> Helge, did you have had more success than me on your RS/6000 ? If i
> succeed in installing Debian on this machine, i will have another PPC
> (don't know what's inside) to install, more RS/6000-like, so all the
> feedbacks are welcome.

From OF prompt, I could not achive anything. From the SMS (graphical)
I set netbooting and off I went. On the graphics display (IBM GXT
250P/255P) I see the following:

BOOTP S = 1     R = 1
FILE: /scr/tftpboot/vmlinux-prep.initrd

Load Addr=0x6000000 Max File Size=0x10000000
Packet Count = 2700

On status number display: F77

Is this ok? Which programs are best suited for serial console, or is
there a good howto? The most HOWTOs I read simply say "point your
terminal ...".

I tried both 2.4 and 2.6 from Svens repository, downloaded this
morning.

Greetings

           Helge
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]