Package: partconf-mkfstab
Version: 0.31
Severity: important

When installing S/390 with debian-installer, I have swap on Partion 1 of
device 0151.  The fstab is written to use /dev/dasdb1, but when I IPL, I
get a devfs-style device, /dev/dasd/0151/part1, and there is no
/dev/dasdb1 device node.  Either S/390 should not use devfs, or the
fstab should be written to use devfs names.

For some reason, /dev/dasda1, for the root partition, works fine even
though there's no /dev/dasda or /dev/dasda1 node; I think this is
because device 150, which is the first DASD listed in my parameter line,
is the device I IPL from, and so when it's detected there's no way to
tell whether it's going to be /dev/dasd/0150/disc or /dev/dasda.

Adam

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing