Comments/Problems:

The installer should report which package is currently set up.

AFAIK still true.

I need (like many people) pptp for the internet connection so I wasn't able to make something more.

Still valid.

My cdrom drives were not added to /etc/fstab. (if I remember correctly, at least the first one which I booted from, was added by 20040307, but that might be incorrect)

No problem with newer images.

If no boot loader is installed, it should be offered to show working lines for existing (grub|lilo).conf.

AFAIK that's still true, but not sure.

I was a little bit surprised when I realized that I had to select "Zurück" (back) in order not to install grub. Better: Skip boot loader installation / install boot loader.

AFAIK this has been resolved.

If contacting security.debian.org fails it should detect that more quickly.

I'll try to verify that at the next installation.

Starting exim takes a very long time, which unneccesserily blocks the whole installation process.

AFAIK that's still true, (if network interface up, DNS set, but DNS query times out) and the solution is a small modification to /etc/hosts. Add localhost to the localhost IPv6 line.

I think it would be a good idea to include less on the netinst cd, because it's very useful when analyzing the logs (e.g. if something fails with the internet connection etc.)

I still don't see it as package on the image. I know of course that the netinst should not grow to much, but less and pptp-linux would really be useful.

Note that the image I used for my last installation is about 10 days old.

Willi

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]