On Monday 29 November 2004 16:30, Markus Hanauska wrote:
> After 1% of the base installation var log messages say:
>
> eval: 3: Syntax error: newline unexpected (expecting ")")

I've seen this reported before, but it was not traced and must only occur
in a very special situation.

Could you do the following things for us:
- When the problem occurs, what is the exact text on the progress bar
  (title of the dialog and message below the progress bar).
- Could you switch to VT2 and use 'ps' to check which process is running.
  You may have to run ps several times to check if it's the same process
  all the time or if it changes.
- Send us the files syslog and messages from /var/log (compressed please).

Note: you have to copy the files off the ramdisk to a more permanent
location before you break off the installation.
If you'd like to copy the files over the network, see [1].

[1] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianInstallerFAQ (question 25)

TIA,
Frans Pop