Your message dated Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:10:05 +0200
with message-id <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and subject line [g-i] Arabic glyphs are taken from the wrong font file
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

--- Begin Message ---
Package: cdebconf-gtk-udeb

As already reported in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/10/msg01211.html

Arabic letters are not properly joined ad look as if they were
written "l i k e  t h i s".

Same kind of problem was reported here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-i18n-list/2003-April/msg00016.html
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/July/msg00013.html

g-i currently uses http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/ttf-arabeyes.tgz
to handle Arabic fonts (ae_Tholoth.ttf in particular).

Discussing it on #arabeyes seems like the problem is related to the
GSUB table (Glyph Substitution Table) and/or to the way the pango
library is configured.

I'm not sure if this bug really belongs to cdebconf-gtk-udeb

regards,
Davide

TISCALI ADSL
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi senza limiti e telefoni senza canone
Telecom a partire da 19,95 Euro/mese.
Attivala subito, I PRIMI DUE MESI SONO GRATIS! CLICCA QUI:
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/1e25flat_tc/

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Arabic fonts inside g-i are now ok.
This bugreport could actually have been closed a few months ago.

Details about fonts inside g-i can be found at:
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts

regards,
Davide

--- End Message ---