Sven Luther wrote:
On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:40:34PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

On Friday 22 September 2006 21:32, Sven Luther wrote:

We did never implement the thingy which disables the acceleration in
the directfbrc, right ?

I've committed a patch now that always disables it for ppc.

Thanks,

I belive disabling hw acceleration on PPC machines is a good choice, as we're interested in stability, not performance, and i also belive performance drop won't be even detectable in the case of a simple DFB application like our GTK frontend. By the way, i think disabling HW acceleration unconditionally for *every architecture* wouldn't be a bad idea, this could save us many a headache in the future.

Sven, looking at the PNG you posted it looks like the trashed banner colours issue we experienced at extremadura is gone, does also the cursor is displayed correctly (to grab both screen and pointer at DFB's level, you can press the "PrtSc" key in the case your PPC has one) ?

Any chanche to test if disabling HW acceleration also makes the g-i usable on machines equippped with ATI or NVIDIA graphic boards ( where atyfb and nvidiafb modules would be used in the case HW acceleration was not forced off ) ?

thanks

Attilio