Package: debian-installer
Severity: grave

I'm sorry I can't provide the exact details (dmesg logs, etc) as the hardware I
was testing on died, but the breakage is as follows:

 - d-i Linux boots and detects USB ports using SCSI emulation.  They're mapped
   as /dev/sda and /dev/sdb.  Note: there's nothing attached to these ports.

 - After accessing the CD, d-i loads extra SCSI modules for the RAID that wasn't
   detected using the standard SCSI drivers.  It is detected and mapped as
   /dev/sdc.

 - Installation proceeds normaly using /dev/sdc.

 - After install we boot normaly, and then detection happens in a different
   order: /dev/sda is the SCSI RAID and /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc are USB drives.

 - System won't boot because /boot/grub/menu.lst and /etc/fstab point to the
   wrong paths.

I'm not sure what the right fix is.  Perhaps disabling the USB-SCSI emulation ?

--
Robert Millan

ACK STORM, S.L.  -  http://www.ackstorm.es